Home made baby food

Iam getting my son eating more table foods anyone have a good recipe for the lil one. I don't want to start him off on fatty or junky foods.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I just steam carrots and sweet potatoes, mash them in a food processor or with mixer and season to taste. My little guy loves it! Good luck and have fun! This is a very important time to develop you little guys taste buds!
    madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 7:02 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i used to buy barley, rice and oats generic and plain. and cook them as directed then mix it up with cooked vegetables. my son loved it plain and mixed with veggies. it was so cheap too. just puree or mash it all together and he just loved it. some fruits like apples pears bananas mix easily with rice or oatmeal. plain yogurts worked well mixed with the mashed fruits and the mashed grains. five bucks would last the little booger over a week. until he discovered cheeseburgers.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• What I use to do was take whatever we were eating, blend all up. If we were having chicken, mashed potatoes, and carrots or peas or something. I'd put it in the blender, add a touch of milk or water and blend away. Save the extra for the next day.

Blessings.

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 5:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Just a quick question... can you feed the baby mashed potatoes and other foods made with cows milk before 1 year of age?
    madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I give Giovanni the food that we eat. I make fresh homecooked meals just about everyday.
    When making Veggies I cook some extra (plain) and freeze so I always have something on hand.
    Even chicken or pork .
    Pasta is great too. Sometimes consistency makes a big difference too. Giovanni likes things on the chunkier side. He doesn't like food all mush anymore.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 4:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i have 4 kids, and i gave all of them mashed potatos. this doesnt really fall into the "homemade baby food category" but you can also buy instant mashed potatos and mix it with water or formula/breastmilk. mix it like baby cereal. i only use that as a snack for the baby...youll need foods with a better nutritional value..but for a quick snack it works great!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 4:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• The other day ...I made Giovanni Ramen Noodles.....(only using a tiny bit of the broth flavoring due to it's high sodium). Than I took some peas and carrots that were left over from the day before, put them in the hot broth to warm up.....drained most of the liquid...than mashed with a fork.
    He loved...I gonna use atleast the noodles from ramen noodles again. They cook up so fast.

Boy Giovanni must be going through a growing spurt..causing he's been eating ALL DAY LONG for 3 Days now.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 6:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2008