does anyone ?

belive in avalon ? i am irish and even tho it is a bg paart of some english fables as a irish child i grew up hearing all the stories and i belive them the aree amazing stories and who says they arent true it could very well be... according to my grandmother it was an amazing island that held great power to heal and protext and held a great connection to the celtic belifes ... i love it and love the stories does anyone else belive in it ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not literally, and not as the faerie tales put it...but I would certainly say that it is probably based in the real events of someone, somewhere, sometime doing something worth making into a story that has been passed down for thousands of years...

I mean, when a culture is based in oral traditions, its kind of hard to pinpoint all the particulars from what has been handed down and then written down and then rewritten and made into about a dozen movies, including a Disney one (lol), from what actually might have happened.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 6:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i understand what youo are saying its just i guess one of those things you hear it so much as a child you cant help but belive it i guess in my heart i know they are from some truth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'm British and no I don't believe it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think the stories are amazing and beautiful but NO I don't believe there's any truth to it aside form it being an island with perhaps a very knowledgeable doctor on it

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think anything is possible. I think even though the story may be far fetched, it probably still holds some truth. I think there's a possibility in many paranormal things. I am a believer in leprechauns, fairies, etc. ANYTHING is possible.

Do you have any oracle cards? I just bought some Wisdom of Avalon Oracle cards (by Colette Baron-Reid). I'm waiting until the next full moon to bless them.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I believe that many legends and folk tales had kernals of truths to them when they started. They became distorted and took on a mind of their own as they were passed down. Who knows what the truth is.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i doubt it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Check your internet.....they believe they located the "island" in england. It is no longer surrounded by water, unless the local waters rise, but evidence has shown that it was surrounded by water 5 to 6 months of the year. What you believe is up to you about its stories, but remember, things get exaggerated as the centuries go, SOME truth did start the stories!
    misterri

Answer by misterri at 1:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2008