how do i convince my mom to let me stay?

my mom wants me out of the house by october because she said she doesn't want me and the baby in the house. But she doesn't realize that maybe it would be better for me to stay a month or two after the baby is born so i can get an idea of how much the baby is going to cost me. how do i convince her to let me stay? shes so stubborn

xtracyxx

Asked by xtracyxx at 1:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What is her reasoning for her not to let you stay? Do you have a plan B if you're not living with your mom?
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you are old enough to have a baby you are old enough to be on your own. Should have thought of that before you got pregnant. Sorry, no sympathy here!
    Anonymous

• Why does she not want the baby in the house? Awwww I feel for both of you. She is probably not ready to be a grandma and you are probably young.

Just a note she can be stubborn it is her home. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• talk to her about it. that's really the only thing i can think of. it's her house and if she doesnt want you and the baby there it's her call. maybe she is afraid she will get stuck taking care of the baby?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well I don't know that there is a way to convince her if she's made up her mind...she's had this much time, ( I assume she's known since the beginning ) and hasn't changed her mind right?
    If you want to know how much a baby costs though - email us all and ask each question - Like how much formula costs per month if you have to formula feed ( I thought I would breastfeed the whole time and couldn't ) Or diapers each week - or daycare if that is an issue - -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You may not be able to convince her. Do you have a third party that can at least sit with you both and help you both get your points across? Counselor or something?

Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I assume that you are going to be a single parent. Perhaps she is trying to teach you that you are now responsible for another human being. You should start looking for a place for you and your baby to stay... it really sounds lke she wants you out. Maybe after she sees her new grandchild, she will change her mind.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Sounds to me like maybe you aren't pulling your weight around the house and paying for household expenses. Do you have a job and daycare lined up for that baby yet? Its close, you can go at any time. You seem to have forgotten that your mom has raised you and now its your turn to raise your own child since you decided to go that route. I don't know how old you are, but you've had a long time to get your ducks in a row so to speak. You can't rely on your mom to provide a roof for over your head, you need to provide one for your child now. Its time to grow up and be a parent now. It will be the most important job of your life and your baby didn't ask to be tossed into the middle of a fight. Put your big girl panties on and be an adult now. You have no other choice. I agree with your mom.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry. Find our what resources there are that help pregnant moms in your community. If there aren't any where you live you may have to go to another city. Why can't our mothers behave the way we want them to?

It may be hard for you to do but if she wants to be there for the birth it may help her fall in love with her grandbaby.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Should have thought about how much a baby would cost and what you were going to do before you had unprotected sex. I'm sorry, but this was preventable. You should be talking to your baby's daddy about how you guys are going to pay for this and where you are going to be raising this child. He's going to have to pay child support, so its time for both of you to take responsibility.
    Anonymous