this is a new thing??

One child of mine old enough to know better doesn't bathe more than 1 day per week, he has b/o and flat smell hair, and looks and stinks like crap. I am not kidding, he won't even take care of his self. I am not able to get a stress counseling apt for I don't know how long. He plays his psp and the other things he shouldn't even be playing that is just thrown at him, I am not putting up with it, today I'll remove all the stuff, but then the father (figure,..joke) just lets him do it more, and say I should leave >>>>".....really??"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Sounds like depression or this "teenage angst" whatever that is. Seeing a counselor that he is comfortable with is probably a good idea. Good luck =)
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• He should not have anything, especially if he is only bathing 1 a week. Put your foot down for sanitary reasons and for his own good.

Bye bye psp...

Good luck and stay strong
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i'd tell him he needs to shower every day. i would make it a new rule in the house that everyone shower daily and brush teeth twice daily.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• sounds like you should just be a little more stern.....foot meet ass

"get your ass in the shower now" thats what i would be saying
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You lay the momma smack down on your household! You don't want to be the parents of the stinky kid??!? Anybody remember Adam Sandler in Big Daddy? You are the mother- what you says goes. If the father won't follow through, then maybe you have a whole other set of problems you need to be dealing with other than the personal hygeine of your son. I reccomend taking away any and all fun toys and slowly giving them back to him as he learns to have a little more personal responsibility. There will be backlash from your son, I'm sure of it. Hold your ground momma!!
    BillieJean0401

Answer by BillieJean0401 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• try to get his friend to say something,he might listen lol.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010