Do you believe in prayer?

I do!

I don't know the mechanics but I think it makes a difference.

While you answer please keep my close friend in mind. She has a pseudo tumor in her brain, her shunt is not draining properly and she is losing her vision. The surgeon who screwed up her shunt is in no hurry to fix it, her neurologist has hospitalized her today for a spinal tap and to have another surgeon look at the screwed up shunt and hopefully fix it.

kerryket

Asked by kerryket at 1:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• I believe that prayer is very powerful. That said I have to remind myself often that just because I pray doesn't mean they will be healed. God hears every prayer, but that doesn't mean he is going to answer them the way we are praying.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes, I do, good luck with your friend.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• PRAYER WORKS! My son has been through a lot in his 2 years being here, and prayer is always what brings him through
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• prayer is a good way to heal within. Much like writing in a diary or talking to a close friend about something personal. Releasing emotion can be very healing. If someone thinks that praying sets their emotions and thoughts straight so they can think and react clearly, that's wonderful. If they use prayer as a wish list as if it's christmas, that's not how it works. I mean you can pray for your friend to get better, but if she doesn't, you can't blame the prayer for not working ya know?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope all goes well with her and will put her on my p rayer list.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• YES!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I completly believe in prayer, and I will be happy to include my friend in your prayer, but I also know that the answer we get isn't always the one we want. I hope all goes well for her.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Not really. I believe that prayer opens you up to figure out your own issues. I don't think I can ask God to heal someone. I just think you can ask God to give you strength to overcome what ails you,or the strength to accept what shall pass. I can't change the inevitable.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• yes I believe in prayer and I believe God still heals people today I have eye witnessed so many miracles in my life no one can tell me that prayer does not work
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010