does anyone else notice this

that people get so upset that some people may not vote for obama because he is a black man .. but how is it any better to the ones that before they even heard a thing he said and said oh a back man im voting for him isnt it the same thing to only vote for him because his skin color just like the ones that wont because of his skin color ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. Don't do that!
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 6:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• his skin color then and then maybe you should tell that to all the black people that want to vote for him because they all belive he is a black man .. my point still stands hell ven if he was orange or green its still the point
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Skin color, religion, gender, or even sexual orientation should not matter when choosing who you will vote for. The ONLY Thing that should matter is where the candidate stands on the issues. Unfortunately that sort of common sense decision making goes above the heads of many so Yes you will have people Not voting for him because he's "black" and you will have others who do vote for him for the same reason.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Ha. Okay, anon. You rally up everyone who is voting or not voting for someone because of the color of their skin and I'll tell them not to do that.
    You can't change other people's long held views on race. You can vote.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 8:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Unfortunately, there is racism in our country. They try to bury this dirty little secret, but it's out there. It's wrong. If they were to really take a lgood ook at it, then they would have to take a look at their own households/families and realize they have failed as parents/families. Most of the American public is in denial. I don't believe that most of the public are racists, but I think that if we don't stand up to it, then it makes us just as guilty as those who are racists. I'm voting for Obama.

akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 8:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• no need to be rude clueless i was just stating that people get so butt hurt that someone says that they hate him ffor his skin but then noone seems to mind that people want to vote for him because of his skin i think that alot of this crap that is going around is a fair even split between all people running not just one because of his color
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i completely understand what you're saying. some whites will not vote because he's partially african/american... on the other hand this country has registered and gotten vote from more of the black population than ever in history to date. i questioned a few of my sons black friends as to why the were voting for obama as opposed to hillary and i got answers such as ..i dont know - because im supposed to - because he's first black man running.....and none of them knew any of his views or anything at all about him
    rag33

Answer by rag33 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'm not NOT voting for Obama because he is biracial (no, I don't consider him black). I'm not voting for him because I do not agree with the majority of his platform. However, I realize there are racists that will not be voting for him specifically because of his heritage. This is wrong. It's equally wrong that there are black people voting for him based solely on his heritage.

sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 12:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2008