Read a book or watch it as a movie??

The Harry Potters were better as books I think and so were the Twilights, but I have to say I can't wait for the next movie for both!

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in

• Read it then watch it!
    missbritt22

Answer by missbritt22 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm a big fan of books... But if I really like a book, I refuse to see the movie, because 99.9% of the time, the book is better. I liked the Twilight books, but I don't want to see the movies. I have a tendency to form my own idea of how the characters look and sound, and the movies never seem to get it "right", heh.

Notable exceptions: Some of the movies based on Stephen King books. Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, The Shining... Great books, great movies :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Watch it! I don't read fiction, and fiction always makes the best movies!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I love reading much more than watching the movie! Sometimes I'll read then watch, but then I spend so much time noticing what they did wrong. For instance, My Sisters Keeper was a fantastic book and the ending was shocking and really speaks to Jodi Picoult's style of writing and then my husband watched My Sister's Keeper and was telling me how good it was, so I watched it and was soo disappointed at how they changed the end. Other books like Lovely Bones, were ok, but my husband couldn't follow it as well not having read the book, and I think they had to leave out key things in the movie that they still made reference to.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If I read it, and generally don't watch the movie.

Books like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Ramona the Pest, the Chronicles of Narnia... those are all books that never should have been made into movies. They are great childrens literature, it is a shame that we simplify them by making them into movies. They are so intricate in their details, you can't capture the true spirit of the books in a movie, there just isn't time.

And it is a shame that kids don't have to read for entertainment anymore. Leave kids books alone!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Read a book
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm almost afraid to read a book first these days. I was so disappointed in my sister's keeper. I saw the time traveler's wife before I read the book & was confused. I read shutter island and haven't seen the movie because i heard it was disappointing.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Watch it as a movie.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 1:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Read it then watch it, but I always like the books better than the movies :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think I'd rather watch the movie lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010