How can I green up the lawn?

We live out of town, we put water on it every night but we still have huge brown spots. Our land lord is throwing a fit, what else can we do?

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 2:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Fertilize

Answer by older at 2:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Tell your landlord to deal with it. Ultimately, the grass belongs to him and he should be the one maintaining it, unless otherwise stated in your lease contract.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Do you have grubs pull up some of the sod and dig around in there and see if you have them eating the roots off your grass that maybe what's making it brown. Then you would have to put down grub control watering at night also is not the best for grass.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I agree that good fertalizer. Also... I seem to remember something about the sun possibly scorching the grass... you might want to call your local nursery and find out what they would reccomend...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I lay grass seed with top soil on top, and fertilize every 4 weeks! It works like a dream!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2010