it's okay for me to be upset, right?

so a friend of mine invited me and my girls to go on a playdate with her toddler group. she told me a few days in advance and i said yeah just to remind me. so last night she sends me a reminder. so i text her this morning and tell her were on our way. when i get there i see her group (has to be casue they r surrounded by toddlers) so i go up and ask who look to be in charge that i'm my friends friend. this took a lot for me to do, cause i am very shy, but i figured my friend would be there soon. she said that yeah she mentioned i would be here and that my friend told her she wouldnt be here! what? i was like "okay?" but she just introduced me and the girls and the kids went to play. the kids had fun and i talk a little to the other moms, but like i said i am very shy and i felt weird cause i didn't know anyone. am i wrong or should my friend have called and told me she wasnt gonna be there?

teddybear2272

Asked by teddybear2272 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe she knows how shy you are and figured you wouldnt go if she told you she wasnt coming.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think your friend should of called you and told you she wouldn't be there. I am like you, I have to warm up to people first but I also like to have backup, I would of been uncomfortable in that situation but you stuck it out, good for you.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think she should have told you. That's kinda weird.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• yeah,that was very rude of her

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You could be a little upset... her intentions were good when she invited you and you don't know what caused her to miss the event. Be thankful that the lady you spoke with was kind enough to introduce you to other moms. Maybe your friend knew that you needed to have this experience without her so that you could come out of your shell.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• She should have told you, but maybe she thought you were such good friends her home is yours so either way it didn't matter. Sometimes you must look on the bright side.

You should not be mad at her, I would just talk to her she is your friend.

Good luck!! We forget we do not have crystal balls and get emotional over everything when we should just talk.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You COULD be mad, or you COULD chalk it up to a big step that you yourself made in socialization. Good for you to suck it up and stay and make new friends without a crutch. Perhaps something unexpected happened and she just couldn't make it, happens to all us Moms........A LOT!
    She should have let you know she wasn't going to make it out of courtesy, but then would you have gone?

Don't sweat the small stuff toots, you did fine and are no worse for the wear!! =)
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It wasn't cool that she invited you somewhere and then didn't show. So, yeah, you should be upset. But, not for too long. And let her know it wasn't cool. It's great that you did talk with some of the other moms, even though you are shy. And it's great your kids had fun. So try to focus on that.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'd be pissed she didn't let me know she wasn't going. The whole point of having her there was to help you feel more comfortable & pull you out of your shyness. Good for you for staying & engaging w/ the mommies. It can be really tough to put yourself out there whether you're shy or not! Focus on the good time you had & talk to her about why she didn't let you know when you texted her.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Rude...maybe or maybe not. It's not clear for me at this point. But maybe she had good intentions. If she was there would you have have spoken to anyone else? If not, that may be the reason she didn't show.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010