What would YOU do if you heard someone tell a "bold-face" lie and you KNEW they were lying?

I'm not talking about the little "white lies"....I mean an all-out bazonker! What would you do, would you bring attention to the lie or let it be? If you knew that because of what this person said, your life would be affected.....what would you do??

txmommof4angels

Asked by txmommof4angels at 6:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• well......i guess no one here has a conscience, wow.
    txmommof4angels

Answer by txmommof4angels at 7:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If it was something that would affect my life I would definitely talk to the person. I would not do it in a way as to cause more trouble, but in private, and ask that they correct the situation. If they refuse then I would re-evaluate how I want this person in my life, depending on who it is. Hope this helps! :)
    lara33

Answer by lara33 at 7:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would out the person no matter who was there.If you can't tell the truth yourself how can you raise children to be honest.
    bratzmommy

Answer by bratzmommy at 7:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would out the person right there, no matter who was there!! Even if it had nothing to do with me!! I am a very straight forward person and expect people to be the same way with me!!
    aydens_mama

Answer by aydens_mama at 8:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• depends on the person telling the lie. most i would just ignore and move on. my children would be corrected immediately. a co-worker i would go directly to that person and ask why the lie was told.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'd call them on it right then, right where they stood. Especially if what they were saying was going to affect my life. .................. Little white lies, or bazonkers, as you call them are still lies. I've always said; you can watch a thief, but you can't trust a liar.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I would address it. I am quite direct and I dont care if it makes them uncomfortable or who its in front of.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• It really depends on who the person is to me and what the situation is, but overall if it is something that matters and it will make some sort of difference I will call them on it. I caught my husband in a boldface lie about when he lost his job. He didn't know I had more information than he was aware of... He apologized to me while continuing to lie and that pissed me off. I also know my boss lies when she tells me it was her boss' decision on things if I disagree on something, but ultimately it doesn't matter and would only cause problems if I call her on it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'd tell them right where we were. Especially if it was going to affect me or someone I care about. If you let it go, whoever they told the lie to is likely to believe it and thats how rumors get started.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Depends on how it affected me or somebody else. I'm a really bold person and i would usually call them out. The sensible person in me would determine if it was worth it. How's it going to affect you or somebody else? The bold person would have called them on it the second they said it. My husband on the other hand is not confrontational at all so he just tells me to get over it and it doesn't matter what everybody else says. If they are the person that is going to talk about you then your probably just going to give them more to talk about. I know that was kind of general but hope it helps. :) Good Luck!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2008