Am i cranky, or is this kid rude?

Ok so DD is 7 1/2, DS is 5. There are 2 boys that live down the street, one is just turning 5, (but is as big as my dd) and the other is 8, but is the size of a 11 year old. Anyhow, the problem is the 5 year old rides his bike(training wheels, so we can hear him coming) over whenever he sees us drive by, he races down to our place, gets in the way of our truck, we try to back in, and this kid just has no clue! He will be right up beside the door and we are trying to get out, hes blocking the door, lol. We have come home to find the boys playing in our yard, climbing the trees, bikes in our driveway, waiting. We told them to please not play in our yard while we are not there, as it's not safe. Then the 5 year old will come up and yell in a window, "are they in there?" He also speaks like a 2 ish year old, and LOUD.My kids plug their ears when he talks! When we say we are going out they say "WHERE?" and then get mad !

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• no, the kids obviously lack a descent home life- and are excessively rude. Makes you wonder what it's like at home, and why they want to spend so much time with you guys. Maybe they feel safe, or cared for, and simply need attention... Sounds like they are neglected.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• LOL that's obxious. I'd talk to the kids parents though cuz you're most likely not going to get through to a 5 year old.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Talk to their parents. Parking their bikes behid your vehicle so that you can't get in/out of your driveway is not only rude, it's dangerous. Also, they should NOT be in your yard while you're not home. Like I said, talk to their parents, although, it may not help at all. Good luck.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 2:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• LOL...sounds like he has "adopted" your family! Have you ever invited him over to play with your son?

I would talk to theor parents about the boys playing on your property while you're not there, but it doesn't sound like they are being intentionally rude.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• their**

I must correct my typo lest the Grammar Police get on my case!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It sounds obnoxious, but I have come to learn that you dont know whats going on with this kid. He might have a terrible home life, he might have an issue such as ADHD or autism...he might have a hearing problem or behavior issue.

Then again, maybe not....lol

I would talk to the parents, at least it would give you a little knowledge as to this child's situation and help you better deal with him.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh I meant to add, that you and your so learning how to deal with these kids in a nice effective manner will teach your kids a valuable lesson. How to deal with someone who is not like you, how to be sympathetic possibly and how to judge everyone accordingly.

Great teachable moment for your little ones :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would speak to their parents. Its the way the have been taught and their parents need to be more active in their lives
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well we have never invited them over, they just come! And sometimes the older one brings friends, then I just get overwhelmed with kids in the yard playing I bring my kids inside and tell them to go home. The mom has told me to send them home whenever I want, but its' like they dont' have any common sence at all! When my kids see a car coming the get OFF the road. We live at the end of a cul de sac and its' safe ish and all, but the 5 year old will move a bit and expect the car to go around him?!
    He had also just walked in and said he wanted to play inside...I said no it's nice out, everyones' playing outside. Its' frustrating too cause I can barly hear what hes' saying cause of his speech, its' very hard to understand. I would say something to the mom, but where to start! lol
    minimo77

Comment by minimo77 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Their home life, well I dont' know too much about them, the mom seems nice though, they just bought a house 6 houses down, they drive nice cars, seem to be normal parents, but I dont' think they've had many friends to ever play with near by so don't know some basic manners in the neighbor department? I dont' know lol
    And the kid may be in my ds' class in kindergarten !! AHHH!!
    minimo77

Comment by minimo77 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010