If your child has ADHD or Aspergers....

What subject or things in school do they struggle with the most. My son was dx'd with both and he really struggles with writing and drawing..and of course the whole social aspect in school. I've been trying to set him down and work on his writing. Let me know your story and how you've helped your child to be more successful in school...Thanks:)

Heathercurlz

Asked by Heathercurlz at 2:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My dd has mild aspergers and its interesting you say your son has issues writing. My dd has been able to read well since 2. I mean READ, as in MY books...lol

But when we work on her writing she gets very frustrated!!! She is actually not that bad, when she is able to write her name or some letters, they look age appropriate, but she runs away crying, saying they look terrible. I try to explain to her how wonderful I think they are...but it doesnt matter, SHE thinks they are terrible.

My dd will be 5 in 3 weeks so she is not in "school" yet...but she has been in preschool where they are learning to letter.

Sorry I couldn't be more help :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My son is not diagnosed with anything, but he has had a language delay, and is recovering, but his behavior towards writing is just like mom2twobabes! I am working with him as best I can this summer, he starts PreK in 3 weeks, and finally wrote his name (with a little help) yesterday!
    Annette4

Answer by Annette4 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• reading and writing. He can read well but it frustrates him but writing is seriously hard for him. He really good with math and science but will balk at actually working through a problem of experiment from beginning to end. He is on summer break now. August 1st we begin remedial work for school which begins in Sept.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010