I don't know why, but...

lately I've been thinking I don't want to own a daycare anymore (that's what I went to school for - but haven't opened one yet) I've been leaning more towards some type of journalism. I don't know why. I hate writing papers so why do I want to do that?!
I'm so strange - LOL!
What do y'all think?

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• maybe do some journaling to yourself, to get your heart and head straightened out as to why you are shifting now in what you want to do. list pro, cons and any feelings you have while writing. might help sort things out for you
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Thank you for that advice .. I think I'll work on that list after the little is in bed for the night. I like writing b/c that's how I work through hard times ... but I don't know if I could do the whole deadline thing. Do you know what I'm saying?
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Comment by NOLAmommaKRYS (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Can you get some career counseling? Maybe where you went to school or there might be some resources online. There are tests/inventories that you can take and they suggest what careers you might do well at.

You could always be self employed and do childcare. You can see people who need childcare, tutoring, etc at www.care.com and www.sittercity.com (at care.com you can look without registering). Also, what about writing children's books? Just ideas.......GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We're human, so we change. If it's financially possible for you to go after your new goal, check it out. If you fail, you still have a career that you can do. After investing 25 years in a career that evolved into someting that I didn't like, I quit...but we really weren't financially ready for me to do that. In any event, after some more thought, I'm sure you'll come up with the answer that will make you happy. Best of luck!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010