why do i feel like i'm not happy?..

i know i'm stressed, i know that...but the past week EVERYTHING is getting to me. it all started last week when we found out dh got a promotion, and we had to move this past weekend. dh didn't pack, bc he "doesn't like to", leaving me to do pack everything..so i finally paid my sister to come help me. so we finally get packed, and dh tells me that he's going up the night before the move, bc the water/cable people were expecting him there for hookups, leaving me with overseeing the move, and making sure the carpet people were there. we get moved, and i'm stressing over getting unpacked..dh did unpack his closet area, but expects me to unpack the rest. my dd is driving me up the wall, i can't get 5 minutes to myself anymore..when i'm frustrated beyond belief with our dd, and need dh to take over so i can breathe..he comes in just as frustrated with her as i was bc i took him away from whatever he was doing..or i feel like that a

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• *that at least..i don't have friends to keep in touch with, since they all have families..and all my family live hours away. advice? no bashing, i feel like a horrible person for feeling like this already.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think your dh needs to help you out a little. Having to do everything will get to anyone. Sit down and talk to him, maybe he doesn't even realize how stressed out you are. Or maybe just don't worry about getting everything done so you can keep your sanity and see if notices. Hugs!
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ok, you are overwhelmed, and with good reason, take a deep breath, breath in and out s l o w l y! How can you feel happy when you are overwhelmed????take it one day and one step at a time, eventually all will get done, no rush, if hubby wants it quicker let him do it! A big hug!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Have you tried communicating all the stress in a calm manner. Explain to him how you need assistance. And some free time to unwind and catch your breathe.
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 2:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• your dh is selfish and lazy! I hope he wakes up and helps you more you need it! good luck
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• yes, i've tried...and it only works for a day or two...and then it's like, my unwind/downtime is after everyone's asleep
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 2:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• yes, you sound overwhelmed. Can you get your DH to stop and just talk to you for 5 minutes and you can tell him that you need his help or for him to be more involved with this move. A household move is alot to take on by yourself. When we moved I packed everything but my hubby took it out from the moving truck, but then I put it all away, I know how you feel. Sometimes men don't think to think about others on their own, they need a little help. Maybe if you approached your husband about the way you're feeling he will be more willing to help with other things besides his own stuff. Good luck and try to take a break momma, moving takes time.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Your DH needs a good swift kick in the pants. He's a selfish jerkface.
    You definately sound overwhelmed, stressed, and in need of a vacation. You definately need to kick that husband of yours into gear and let him know you are not superwomen. That you need his help and he better start helping.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm no expert on this but it sounds to me that you are overwhelmed.Can your sister take your little one? That would take off some of the pressure.& then take it step by step.I hope this helped you some .Good luck!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i actually no exactly what your going through we just moved 2 weeks ago n he didnt help move anything but our tv. we moved out of his moms house n because i had to do everything myself with our 3 month old with me theres still stuff there i have been feeling the same way ever since but hes just that way, like he cant call anything in for himself he needed a new tire for his car i had to call it in n when we got it put on he wanted me to get it put on by myself i told him hes goin with me if i have to go. i get so frustrated since im the one who is at home all the time he expects everything to basically be done n its not that easy so what ive dont is taken my go old time putting things away n arranging since im the one doin it myself i say he has no say in when everythin gets done so dont stress yourself out because it just makes everythin worse for you n tell him how u feel even if he dont what to listen it made me feel better
    nicolerae8907

Answer by nicolerae8907 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2010