I have a Big PROBLEM with a 4 year old daughter HELP!!!!!!

How do I get my 4 1/2 year old to take me serously? She listens to everybody else but not to me and I am her mother. She just looks at me like I am stupid and when I call her name she ignores me!!!!! She listens to daddy, both papa's, aunts, uncles just not me......I want to cry because now my 2 year old is following in her footsteps.I really need advice if any one has any!
Thanks

Beccah2

Asked by Beccah2 at 7:26 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She is comfortable with you and she knows that it bothers you when she does not listen so she is going with that. She is testing you and seeing what she can get a way with. If she is doing something wrong then you need to discipline her. If she is not then I would just let it go.

She needs to know that it does not bother you. I would still talk to her and maybe try spending some mommy and me time together. Whether you take her out for dinner or you just paint your nails at home.

This does not last and although it is hard right now you are not doing anything wrong.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:30 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• are they telling her not to listen to you. or put you down alot? something has given her the impression that she can't trust you to be smart. you need to prove to her that you do know what you're talking about.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 7:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Try to get your family and friends to work with you to help agree with you (stand united) when you discipline her.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 8:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2008