Starting to use Ovulation Kits adult content

Okay, I just brought the OPK home and was reading the instructions about when to start using it to predict your ovulation.....A bit unsure. It says to use the guide they have provided and to start testing based on the first day of your period. My cycle started with just dark spotting the first day this month, then on the second day to the 6th day, it was red flow, then on the 7th, dark spotting again. Do you count the spotting days as part of your period or just the red flow days? I have been reading a bit online and can't seem to get one answer. Some say, only count the red flow days as your period, not the spotting days? This will also determine how long my cycle is in total so that I can read the guide and start using the OPK on the right days as well. HELP!

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 3:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• you count the first day of your period as cd 1 but i wouldnt you any of the kits until your period ends...you can chart your temp during your period still.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i meant use..not you..sorry
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• So, you'd even have the spotting day as the first day of your period?
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i always count mine as the first day. Have you joined the ttc group?..they can probably help with lots of your questions.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I decided to take a OPK test and found that I will have the LH surge in about 24-36 hours!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I was told not to count spotting as the first day of a period, but that the first day of red flow is the first cycle day. good luck!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2010