What are some birthday parties for a 5 year old little boy?

My son is about to turn 5 at the end of Aug. and he really wants a pirate party at home. My DH will not allow that. I know he doesn't want it at home. Does anyone have any ideas?

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 3:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• how about have the party at the park what 5 yr old wouldnt love that n ask some parents it they would stay to help watch the kids. n for the party idea whats his favorite tv show.
    nicolerae8907

Answer by nicolerae8907 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You could take the pirate party to the park. You could ask one of your friends who has a back yard and have it there. Get permission from his daycare to have the party there (outside only use the bathrooms) . Ask your pastor if you could have it in the basement of the church. Have it at Chucky Cheese, McDonalds, look into local arcades that do parties. I dont know what state your are from, the library has a magazine that features kids parties, and you could get some imore ideas from there as to where you can have your Pirate party
    huntergal

Answer by huntergal at 3:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If your DH was agreeable at home would be good too. But if its too hot maybe somewhere that has a room you could use like your local church or something like that.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I like the idea of taking the pirate party to the park.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 9:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010