My 9 month old isn't eating well. This has been going on for a long enough time now I am at a loss.

I thought okay, no biggie, it's the teething. Well he got 7 new teeth in 2 weeks. He is still continuing to not want to eat from a spoon. He will feed himself things. I know it's a phase. He is allergic to milk products and wheat. So pretty limited on what I can give him. I am not sure if he is completely bored with food or what. Anyone have any ideas of new things to give him. He eats rice and corn based hard cereals, like Chex and Kix. Obviously fruits and veggies softened. He has started to lean toward more hard foods lately. I don't know of any creative things to make for him.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's fine. He doesn't need to eat alot of solids in the first year because he can't digest them well anyway. children with allergies tend to be discerning eaters for a good reason! Don't worry about the spoon, let him self feed. other than avoiding his allergy foods and nuts, ggive him anything. asparagus, persimmon, kiwi, squash, guacamole, hummus, 3 bean chili etc. you don't need to be exceptionally creative.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Breastmilk or formula is plenty nutrition for him during these times. Eating food is just for practise mostly,not so much for nutrition.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Why the goat's milk?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My 2 year old still doesn't eat a lot and his doctor says he's fine. He's a small kid but proportioned right. His dad is 6' and 135 lbs so I think thats a lot of why he's just small. He weighs maybe 27 lbs at the most right now
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well he is already half formula and half goats milk. I'm just concerned he is going to be my picky eater LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• He is allergic to milk. And soy rips his system apart. I was on goats milk until age 7. My gramma still drinks goats milk. I have countless relatives allergic to milk. My grandpa is allergic to wheat. So the pediatrician said at 9 months to start mixing it in and by 1 yr to be completely on goats milk.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010