Do you do anything to prepare for a thunderstorm?

I don't. I just avoid showers. I leave my computer and TV on and sit in front of the windows to watch. If it is a real bad, I will shut the computer down and use my laptop.

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 3:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I get showers out of the way if possible, wash the dishes, etc... anything to do with water. Then I get the remotes handy for th television to ensure I can easily turn them off if it gets bad. I also get my computer ready to shut down (close all windows but like one) so that if it gets bad I can shut it down quickly.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• For just thunder? no...if there is a lot of lightening, which happens a lot in FL, I typically make sure to avoid the big windows and go about my business.

bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Just turn the patio furniture over. Bring kids toys in. Things like that, so they don't blow over or away.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If it is nighttime and seems like it might be a bad one...I will locate candles, matches and a flashlight....so I dont break my neck trying to find them in the dark :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We have surge protectors , high end ones, on the telly and other equipment.the main computers have back up battery packs AND surge protectors(NOT cheap) as we are in a HIGH storm area in wisconsin. all other computers get turned off during a storm and unplugged during the really bad ones.

we keeep fresh drinking water and emergency packs in the basement just in case we ever do get a tornado that destroys the upper levels.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If it is a really nasty one, we shut down and unplug everything, turn off the A/C and just ride it out.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If it is just thunder with no sign of lightning then no, we don't do anything. If there is a lot of cloud to ground lightning then the computers get shut off. We have surge protectors on everything else.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• nope. Business as usual

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Nope, just make sure I have my bed to sleep like a baby : )
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 3:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Just make sure I know where a lighter for the candles is. And put pots under where the roof leaks and towels under the leaky doors and windows.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010