Who would like to see everyone removed from office and we can start over?

I think that our country has now been overrun by big business and politics. I think that everyone in office, no one that I voted for is in office right now, needs to be removed and we can start over with the fundumentals that started our country. The government has steered us in the wrong direction and the presidental candidates will only make it worse. Who agrees with me or doesn't and why? Also do not start a debate or you will be deleted!!!!!

Tayandstevenmom

Asked by Tayandstevenmom at 7:51 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it would be wonderful if on November 7th, we would be voting for some new people who are not a part of Washington. No insiders. The removal of all Senators and All Congress. And to imagine that on Inagural Day, that the country could celebrate a real change. It would be wonderful. Term Limitations would be wonderful. We could limit them to 2 terms in office. This way if they screwed up in the first 6 years, we can fire them in the next election. This would create accountability. I know I'm living in a dream world, but since is the land of opportunity and possibilities, anything is possible right? I'm working hard and I bet so are you, so why can't we make this happen?
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 7:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Where do I sign at? I am all for this, when ever someone mentions the question do they have enough experience, I always think that I don't want someone with experience because all it means in washington is how many people you know!
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• YES!!!!
    mommy2az1966

Answer by mommy2az1966 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Makes me think of Ron Paul's Theme Song.

Let's start a revolution!!

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• YES. I have often thought of the same thing. The original intent was to have 'regular' people serve their country in government, then get back to real life. Now people stay there for their entire lives, doing nothing but catering to who's going to give them the most benefits. I agree w/ the PP who said experience may not be all that. I want a real person with experience in LIFE, not necessarily government. And why is the government the largest employer in the country? That seems wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I agree if the president can only serve 8yrs the same should be made for the members of Congress. We need to get some new faces into Washington, those who understand what we are going through NOW and not still living in the 50's. I mean look at Robert C Byrd, sometimes I think he is going to keel over when he talks, he has been a Senator longer than I have been alive. Change starts with new faces and new views. Therefore, we just need to revamp Congress since they make the laws and maybe we will begin to see a change for the better.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 12:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2008