I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, and for the last couple days I've noticed a decrease in fetal movement. I'm also swelling up just a bit, and I'm very anxious. The doctor told me to drink a big glass of water and put my hands on my belly and see how many times she moves..and she's still not moving very much. Should I go to the OB at my hospital and get checked out?

I'm just not sure if I should head to the hospital to get checked out, or if it's all normal. It just worries me.

Graicysmom10

Asked by Graicysmom10 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is she moving once an hour at least? If you're scared,go see what's up. Being all anxious isn't good for either of you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would go get it checked out shes probably fine but you'll feel better knowing. My dd now (4) did that too me too around 35 weeks and when I went to the er they put a stress monitor on me and she started kicking like crazy and my ob laughed at me but told me. They always like to be safer than sorry.
    Nessasmomma

Answer by Nessasmomma at 3:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• drink a glass of juice, wait about 5 minutes, lay down on your side and just focus on your baby and your body. Turn off the TV, music, the computer, everything and just focus and relax.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My Dr. always told me to eat or drink something sweet then lay down on my left side and see how many times she moved in a hour,, supposed to move like 2-3 times in a housr
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 3:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I agree with butterfly. When it comes to pregnancy my motto is better safe than sorry. I'd rather go to the dr. and maybe look like I'm stupid and nothing be wrong than not go and something be wrong. You know what I mean? Baby may just be getting in position to come out. As for swelling I did that and had slight pre-eclampsia and was put on bed rest for a couple weeks but it wasn't anything serious. I just feel that if it concerns you then go get checked out.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you are concerned about your baby, always follow your motherly instincts, and get checked out.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You can definitely try the drink something sweet and lay on your side trick. But if you don't feel anything you should go in. As my doctor's told us several times... it's much better safe than sorry. I went into the "Preggy ER" a couple times and all was good but at least I KNEW it then. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010