Would you rather start working at the age of 25 or never?

nicolesweet

Asked by nicolesweet at 3:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• 25 Isn't very young... I'd start working. I enjoy the independance and knowing I can rely on myself and pay my own way.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• ummm..25? Who has the option of never working?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• id rather work.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't know if I fully understand the question. If I never had to have an official job my whole life, then I would never take one just for the "fun" of it. If I wanted to get out, I'd do something like volunteer work!

This is also coming from someone who has had a job since she was 16, so the appeal of making money wore off quite a while ago. : )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well, I have a great b/f who takes care of our family so that I can stay home with the kids, but a lot of that is just that if I did get a job most of that money is going to go toward child care anyways. Don't get me wrong the extra money would be wonderful which is why I'm looking into online classes to work on getting a work from home job.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I always worked...25 years at the last job. I can't imagine not ever having a job. In order to get the most from social security you need to work...and what if you become disabled. You can't claim disability if you've never worked. If your husband dies, you'll get a widow's portion of his retirement and squat from his social security. In today's world we need to care for ourselves...never know what's around the next bend...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• 25??? I'm 33 and do not think 25 is pretty old. Sure a 25 year-old can go to work if she wanted to.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• START working at age 25!?!? I wouldn't know what that is like considering I have legally worked since i was 12 years old (New Hampshire back in the late 70's/early 80's). Even when I was a SAHM for 8 years (while my kids were young) I operated my own highly successful home-based business. Now, as a teacher, I can be a full-time mom and work full-time, yet never miss a beat as far as my family is concerned!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would love to not have to work

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010