Are you or did you save your childs crib??!~~

I know this used to be the case in the "old days" however things are made so cheaply and with all the new codes and updates to things and child safety laws, I didn't think about keeping it.. but we are thinking now of selling it and it got me wondering if you are keeping it, why?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, we still have my son's crib because he sleeps in it, lol. It adjusts to a toddler bed as he gets older, and it's really sturdy and of good quality. Whether or not we get rid of it depends upon whether or not I have another baby by that time. However, we will always save his bassinet. My husband's dad made the bassinet while my MIL was pregnant with my husband. He was a carpenter. My husband had it as a baby, then my son slept in it. My husband's dad also died when my husband was only 4, so that makes it even more sentimental.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We bought the kind that converts to a toddler bed and then a twin bed later when she's ready.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 3:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well, the crib my oldest son had I gave back to my mom, and my youngest still sleeps in his. But with having enough people around my age in my family it's best to keep stuff like that to save them money when they get pregnant. And I do want to try for a girl in the sometime near future.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My daughter's crib was actually the one my husband used as a baby 26 years ago! My mil kept it in great shape and it met all the guidelines of current cribs. We're hoping to pull it out of storage here in a year or two =)
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My sons bed grows with him.
    1. crib
    2. tot bed
    3. frame for full mattress

I will probably only use it til he is a tot and hopefully I will have another by that time that s/he can use
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I could not afford a crib, so she slept with me. When she was about 2 years we bought her a toddler bed and I still have that.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I kept mine because it was my crib when I was a baby (it met all the standards and had been redone so there was no chance of it having lead paint on it) it survived me, my bro, 3 cousins, my ds and dd!
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I kept my youngest daughters (my oldest daughters was bought at a thrift store also and would have been passed down but my ex literally had my stuff taken to the dump when I left him) and was going to use it with any other child I had. Then when my son was born it had been recalled so i went to Wal-Mart and asked them what i could do they gave me a gift card fo rthe price of the crib and I got to buy a new one for my son, get him a brand new excersaucer and tons of other stuff and still had money left over!

I saved it because not only would it have been nice to say "All of you slept in the same crib as a baby" but it saves you a ton of money... cribs aren't cheap! Also it was made very well even for a less expensive one and I didn't see just throwing it out.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes, but mine is an antique I got from my aunt.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I kept my sons regular crib, and a smaller swinging one, it is up in my attic waiting for my grandchildren, the smaller crib is precious and rocks and the other one is nothing special but what makes it special are the memories of it. I kept it so that I would be fully equipped for sleep over when and if my grandchildren arrive. It has been there collecting dust for 23 years, hopefully it won't be there much longer!!!

Answer by older at 3:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010