What would you do? I'm annoyed and torn? I'm talking to an old friend,asking about what I do what my hubby does etc. We get to talking I explain what jeff does, how I stay at home...

Told her because of how good he is at sales I can stay home (staffs neurosurgeons), cause she said she loved doing sales and she has a nursing degree.

She says I want to apply there. I give her their info thinking she wants a nursing job. SHE asks can I use jeff as a referral. I said *I'm sorry but no* I explained about the last person he referred was his friend, told us about how he was into real estate forever, all sorts of stories, sold himself. THEN he interviews and it turns out he doesn't know crud about real estate law ... suggesting he was never into real estate work. So Jeff looked dumb from his own friend. So I'm sorry but I don't want to put that on Jeff. She said ok. This was on monday.

**This morning Jeff got an email saying.. thank you for reffering Trista, yada yada if she's hired you'll get a referal bonus.**

Would you be upset? I mean who does this? I should've never talked about this with her.

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 4:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd be pissed!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Give her a chance to good first, but tellher in a polite way that you do not agree with what she did. Try to keep cool, so she has a good work experience and it might look good for your husband.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Your husband should call HR and say "Sorry but I did not refer her".
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'd be pissed too! I'd be calling her up and saying something. What kind of person does something after you tell them no, not a great friend if you ask me. You have the proof that she did the total opposite of what you said.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Okay so I'm not alone. PHEWW

I really must have some Sh*t written on my forhead because for some reason people do this a lot. I've dis associated myself with 3 people the past 6 months for pulling this type of thing. So I definitely don't put up with it.

I 'm debating just telling my hubby to tell HR to can the application? Is that too b*tchy? or is it fitting?
    Skepticchick

Comment by Skepticchick (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well I mean my husband isn't mad he just said he talked to HR and they know I really referred. Which is only ok by my husband because HR said to him if they don't hire her then no one will be told he referred her. That's the only perk.

I texted her and said hey he got the email (above) The only thing that sucks is he doesn't know you or your work ethic, strengths and if you're looking for long term or at least semi long term.

She responds and doesn't say anything about her flip flop... (ok) Then says she's a workaholic, and that she's looking at least two years and hopefully more if she doesn't move to california.

Well if she were to do good she'd make so much money she would probably want to stay for ever really good $ but. I fear if she doesn't and quits after 2 years. wouldn't that still look bad on my husband?
    Skepticchick

Comment by Skepticchick (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm not sure yet, I'd see if she gets hired first, that bonus might be nice lol but I would definetly have some words for her, and not nice ones lol
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'd just tell her that you don't know her work ethic or work history either and that you don't really appreciate the fact that she used him as a referral after you told her no. THAT is the main issue at hand duh. but she's not gonna see it that way.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The referral bonuses aren't much compared to the bonuses he works for. I guess extra money doesn't hurt but yeah.

I'm really just torn because she might do GREAT BUT.... she totally threw me under a bus.
    Skepticchick

Comment by Skepticchick (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I WOULD SPEAK W HER..she's no kind of friend to be doing that to you and let her know this and that ur considering telling HR she wasn't recommended..and you want nothing more to do with her for doing this...
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010