Do you have an IUD birth control?

I have Mirena birth control (IUD) I swear my body isn't the same since I've had it... I got it right after my son was born almost 2 years ago... My family is extremely fertile, I was one of the lucky ones that got pregnant while I was on the pill! So I was wondering if anyone else felt the same? Craps? Lack of weight loss? anything?

Topgunmommy

Asked by Topgunmommy at 4:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• I am getting mine taken out next week! I hate it!!!!! I need to hormones. I can't loose weight, my periods are the heaviest they have ever been, my mood swings are HORRID. I am going back on the Deop shot!
    aprilford2003

Answer by aprilford2003 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes. I have Mirena. I don't know how much of my issues are related to the Mirena. I have the craps often and have tried to lose weight and couldn't and I am tired all the time. I also have a lot of pelvic pain and I am getting an ultrasound done next week to see what is going on in there. This is my second Mirena and I have it to control my periods. I had my tubes tied 4 years ago.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• interesting answers... i have never had it, but am going to get it, since i cant stand being on the pill.... i always forget to take it, and cant risk getting prego again!!! ... but ive heard the copper one is better.... anyone else tried the copper one?? if so, any side effects???
    SQ13

Answer by SQ13 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• YES! I have the copper one with no hormones and I LOVE it. It doesn't have any effect on my body and I don't have to ever think about bc. I have even recommended it to friends that have gotten it.
    EyeofOdin

Answer by EyeofOdin at 4:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• technically Mirena is an IUC, not an IUD. I have it, i have been having trouble with weight loss, but i chock that up to being extremely dehydrated all the time. I love my mirena, i don't have any problems with it at all. In fact, it's the best birth control i've ever had. The pill made me super bitch. I tried so many different kinds. They either made me puke, or they made me a super over emotional bitch. When i got off the pill & got my mirena, i was such a different person but in a great way. I feel myself again. LOVE IT! I'm getting another one as soon as this one needs to get out.

I notice women always blame evrerything on their BC. Kind of funny...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Wow if this is you happy would hate to see you on the other pill.. Ha, Not trying to blame anything on BC, I just know my body and I know that something doesn't feel right, But my son is my only child and since I got it right after he was born I just don't know how I'm supposed to feel.
    Topgunmommy

Comment by Topgunmommy (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I tried an IUD after my youngest was born, had to change because it started coming out and didn't want any chances like that!
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Thanks ladies I guess it's just different strokes for different folks!
    Topgunmommy

Comment by Topgunmommy (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010