lazy mom

ok so i feel like a bad lazy mother... my daughter is 20 months and im also 24 weeks pregnant, it is HOT HOT out, so we spend most of the time inside, and she goes to the park about 1-3 times a week but im so tired, hot,wore out that i just dont have the energy to chase her this summer mainly due to pregnancy! i hate it.. i just feel like im letting her down some how :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I can't get up enough energy to bring my children out anymore either. I have a 2 1/2 year old, a 9 month old, and 24 weeks pregnant. It is way too hot outside, and I can't stand for too long.. So we stay inside and play, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• She will be alright. When we lived in Alabama, I had a year old and was pregnant. They only time we left the house was to go to playgroup, an apt or swimming. No one wants to be outside in that heat and humidity. Don't worry about it. Just play with her inside and nap when she naps. That's about all you can do!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• tell me about it! I am 34 weeks pregnant and have a 2yr old and a 11 month old so we dont get out that often. I just try to do different and several things with them to make them not be born, have fun, and learn. We have a lot of time playing in the tub or with water and making play dough (edible) and just lots of fun things. Your child doesnt need to go to the park to have fun, just be open minded!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Don't beat your self up... it's one summer, she will be fine!! I was due Aug. 13 with my second child and had a tear in the cartilage that hold my pelvis together when my DD was 2... so we stayed put as well. Just do the best you can and love her... that's all she needs really ;o) Don't beat your self up for one summer... this too shall pass ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 4:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• NO you're not LAZY you're pregnant!

I've been there too... my son was 3 throughout my pregnancy. It's not easy. The first 3 months my son learned to make his own cereal well I put it all in toddler friendly ways so he used the measuring cup that had milk already in it to pour into his cereal... he had easy to make lunches that I did. I was sicker than ever. Laid on the couch and he watched cartoons. We went outside for small time frames. I played with him while I laid on the couch. enteracting. I just said mommas sick right now I'm sorry. Then after that we were good.

It's very hot outside and if you're not too sick and heat is the only downer. See if you can get a friend to do a indoor playdate here and there.... or take him to an indoor playground, like an ice cream cone 98cents from Mc. Donalds and let him play there where you have AC. :D

Good luck hang in there. Fall is coming slowly but surely.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Getting out even once a week is better than nothing. Don't feel upset about it. Many of us know how it is and been there before. I am sure she is just happy to be with you. I am a mom of 5 and they are all close together. It is exhausting at times. I try to keep them busy but there are days it's just to hot or I am tired. I try to keep them busy inside so they don't get to bored.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Just think of other fun things to do inside.. When it is too hot to go out we do fun activities. I am pregnant too and have two toddlers so I get worn our chasing them but atleast when were inside they have little activites.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 4:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I know exactly how you are feeling. With this crazy summer that everyone is having it's awfully hard to get them out of the house for more than 20 minutes without worrying about heat exhaustion! Luckily I have pre school 5 days a week for my daughter that keeps her active and she has fun for 3 hours a day. As for my 15 month old son, we find fun things to do inside and sometimes we will go outside in 15 minute intervals, come back in for water and to cool off, and go back out a little longer. I am only 7 weeks pregnant and I am already feeling the toll the heat is taking on me!! Hang in there mama your doing the best you can!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I am not pregnant but I live where it's over 100 degrees every day for at least 2 months of summer. We go the park at 7pm sometimes, but never during the day. We play outside in our yard in the shade in the mornings or evenings. We go to the nature museum or to McDonalds Playland or even just to the grocery store or Walmart or Home Depot when we need to get out of the house in the middle of the day. I wish we had more options but we live in the boonies lol. A mall would be nice.

Don't beat yourself up. I could not IMAGINE being pregnant right now and I don't know how you gals do it with a toddler and a baby and one on the way!! (You are a lot younger than me, that's probably how!) Just do your best, the heat will pass soon enough.

getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010