what is the best thing about being a mother? what is the worst?

i love being a mother because for one person (my only) i am the end-all of his entire existence. at least, he makes me feel that way!

the worst thing, IMO, is the over-whelming feeling of responsibility...because of the previous statement!!

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 4:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Like everyone else has said it's the little things that makes being a mom so great. Waking up in the morning to their smiles, hugs, and kisses. It feels good that someone loves you so much unconditionally for no reason other than you are their mother. Worst part about it is that no matter how hard you try you can't protect them from everything no matter how hard you want to. I hate knowing that someday I won't be there for that, but know that whatever upset them or hurt them I will be there to make it better.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The worst, in my case is that my son, almost 4 will NOT poop in the potty. I love being a mother for everything else.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The best thing is how much my daughter loves me. I hope she will be her own person!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The best thing about being a mom is everything. I love every gross thing, every smile, laugh, cry, cuddle and word that comes from my little one.
    The worst thing is that I know she will grow up and leave the house one day.
    orchidmozart31

Answer by orchidmozart31 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• what is the best thing about being a mother?   KIDS!

what is the worst?  KIDS!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The best things are the smiles, laughs, touches, kisses, words, EVERYTHING they do!

The worst is how overwhelming being a parent and supporting this precious creature can be and when you feel you have messed up in some way.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The love I never knew existed is there every day, even after a long night of broken up sleep. When a baby smiles, or hugs you, or snuggles with you...you remember why you love being a mom. What's the worst? Tantrums LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The best part is all the wonderful things children do like making cards, telling you they love their mommy, the special little things they say and do that are just right, and holidays too. The worst things are coping witht the childhood illnesses, and staying up half the night when they won't go to sleep and when you have to make tough decisions on their behalf to make sure they grow up healthy and good people.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The best is knowing I helped create a life that is so precious. I look at him and feel the absolute purest love.
    The worst is this damn potty training stage, LOL. But also what momofangels5 says, knowing that no matter how hard I try, I won't always be able to protect him, but I will do my damndest to try.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Best: The little things like hugs and kisses
    Worst: The loss of 'freedom'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010