How do I go about letting my guy friend meet my son

Tima07

Asked by Tima07 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• ok first off, how long have you been together and how old is your son?
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Go out somewhere and tell your DS that a friend of yours is coming along...maybe like gokarts or puttputt something like that.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We have been knowing each other for about a couple of months now. We are getting quite serious and I want him to meet my son but i don't know how to. My son is 5 going on 30....lol
    Tima07

Comment by Tima07 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• ok if he's 5 going on 30 then just tell him. Ok well really it would all depend on the situation you are in with his dad, you know what I mean? If he's with his dad on a regular basis he may not take to it so easily but the best thing you can do is talk to him about it and see if he'd like to meet him, make it out like he's just a good friend to start out with. But kids are pretty perceptive and he may be happy just because you are.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Go to a park and bring along a frisbee and/or a soft football and tball set.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well me and my son's dad.....lets just say that he not in my son's life. Yea I think I will just talk to him about it or even go out somewhere and get my guy friend to meet us there
    Tima07

Comment by Tima07 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think then since he's not part of his life make plans to go out, maybe to chuck-e-cheese or somewhere, so your kid can have fun and on the way let him know that you have a good friend you'd like him to meet and see how that first meeting goes.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ok tabatha42183..will try..THANKS
    Tima07

Comment by Tima07 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You meet him at McDonalds and have dinner.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 4:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you've only known this guy a couple of months, I definitely would hold off on introducing him to my kid(s)! I was single for several years, dated quite a bit, and the only man my kids ever met is now my husband. You definitely don't want to introduce your child to man who may/may not be around in a couple more months. I would wait to introduce him until you KNOW it's a serious relationship and will be long term.

Answer by missanc at 4:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010