worried about how my daughter sleeps??

now that she can roll over she only sleeps on her stomach!with her face straight down in the mattress and her hands under her eyes! which i hate cuz i worry she wont be able to breath so i wake up like once an hour or when ever i think i heard a noise and go make sure she is ok. all the crib sheets fit tight and she doesnt sleep with any blankets. way to hot for that. and i have the breathable bumpers on the crib. there are no toy or anything in the crib too! so is it ok that she sleeps like that???

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Once they can roll over, you pretty much have to let them sleep the way they want. I always put my son down on his back, even when he could roll, just to be safe, but that's about all you can do. It's a very good idea to run a fan in the room to keep the air circulating because that also reduces SIDS risk. Keeping the crib free of toys and blankets is also a must. You will save yourself a lot of grief if you get a video monitor so you don't feel compelled to run in and check her all the time.
    barefootbooks

Answer by barefootbooks at 4:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i was told to just keep moving my girl back to her back. i did for awhile. it helped me more than anything.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes, once she is able to roll over to her belly, she is strong enough to sleep on her stomach.
    lightoftheworld

Answer by lightoftheworld at 4:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I heard that after infants can roll over their chances of SIDS decreases alot. I think you should spend less time worrying. My daughter slept in the bed with my husband and I on her tummy under a blanket (contrary to what my Dr told me to do) but she never had any problems and I never had any scares of her not breathing.
    orchidmozart31

Answer by orchidmozart31 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• my son slept like that when he was a baby, well he still does at 3 1/2! i used to always roll him back onto his back but he rolled right back to his belly so i just left him be.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Now that she can move around it is OK.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• thank you ladies!!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010