tmi for most?? adult content

do you douche regularly?? if so, how often?? also, is it safe to douche with just water???

SQ13

Asked by SQ13 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• I have never tried it.
    lightoftheworld

Answer by lightoftheworld at 4:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i don't. apparently it is bad for you. if you want to be extra clean wash w warm water and drink cranberry juice, eat more plain yougurt and cottage cheese and choose water since its better for your whole body anyway.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have never used douche. I have been told that it is bad for you. It disrupts your body's natural chemical levels.. and can lead to infections.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• never..i did when i was like 16 but thats just because i found one of my moms and thought it was the "normal" things to do...after talking with my OB i decided not to
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• no,and its not safe.What's up there you're trying to get out? if you have an odor,see your doc. keep in mind,all women have a scent so if that's the issue,you're doing it in vain.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I haven't douched in years. Doc said it wasn't good for me. I shower 2x a day most days though.
    If you do make sure you consult your doc right away if you get a bladder infection. Cranberry juice (not cocktail) is one of the best drinks for a woman to stay healthy down there.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I drink a some water everyday, and cranberrie juice every now and then. I keep one of those large bottles of cranberry juice from Sam's Club in the house always. And as for douches, I use one if I feel I need it, after my cycle.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I only use plain water when I douche, truly it's the safest and gentlest way to do it....
    And I do it with every shower I take.
    I just prefer knowing that my "kitty" is kept clean, inside AND out.
    Crimsonia

Answer by Crimsonia at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have been told by 2 GYNs that using a douche is not needed. So, I never have.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• thnx... yeah i only douche after my period, just to keep it clean inside and out... but recently i went to a fascinations store and saw a doucheing(sp) kit there that you can use with water, so i was just wondering if its safer than the regular douche you buy at a store...
    SQ13

Comment by SQ13 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010