What would you do with leftover sloppy joes?

I'm making my menu for the week and trying to do it on a tight budget. I decided to make sloppy joes for dinner, but I'm sure I'll have leftovers, I just can't decide what to make with the left overs. So far I'm considering meatball sandwich, a type of calzone, or a noodle beef casserole. Does anyone know if it freezes well? Maybe I should just freeze it. Other ideas are appreciated

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think the noodle casserole is great ,you could add some salsa hot or mild with cheese and make it a semi -mexican casserole.That might change your husbands mind.Also add some black olives and some greek type spices and feta cheese.Top with a bechamel sauce and it becomes kind of greek lasagna.Also different.

Answer by drfink at 4:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It freezes fine. I was going to suggest on top of pasta, but your casserole sounds better!

Answer by elizabr at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I always eat it for lunch the next day, me and my kids love sloppy joe's so they don't mind having it for lunch the next day. I do agree that the casserole sounds great!

Answer by momofangels5 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't know, but you're making me hungry. :)

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Use it on baked potatos, or mix it with a can of baked beans or black beans and some four huge handfuls of minute rice stir in a pack of taco mix and layer between leftover tortilla out of the back of the fridge and over with chesse and bake @ 350 till its a warm, that is what I had last night and tonight.

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The easiest answer is have it two nights in a row....or make tacos with the meat.

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Freezing works out great. I take it that leftovers won't be enough for another meal...but it could end up being someone's lunch.

Answer by lizard111 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would, but I already have a couple meals that we are eating multiple days and for lunches, and I know my husband isn't totally sold on left overs yet, so I was hoping to be able to make something different with these leftovers. Also I'm thinking maybe as topping on mashed potatoes

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• you could also make pizza or spaghtti

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• you could add canned beans and it would be like chili, which is great served over fritos with tomatoes, onions, avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese.

Answer by autodidact at 5:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010