What would you do with leftover sloppy joes?

I'm making my menu for the week and trying to do it on a tight budget. I decided to make sloppy joes for dinner, but I'm sure I'll have leftovers, I just can't decide what to make with the left overs. So far I'm considering meatball sandwich, a type of calzone, or a noodle beef casserole. Does anyone know if it freezes well? Maybe I should just freeze it. Other ideas are appreciated

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think the noodle casserole is great ,you could add some salsa hot or mild with cheese and make it a semi -mexican casserole.That might change your husbands mind.Also add some black olives and some greek type spices and feta cheese.Top with a bechamel sauce and it becomes kind of greek lasagna.Also different.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 4:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It freezes fine. I was going to suggest on top of pasta, but your casserole sounds better!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I always eat it for lunch the next day, me and my kids love sloppy joe's so they don't mind having it for lunch the next day. I do agree that the casserole sounds great!
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't know, but you're making me hungry. :)
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Use it on baked potatos, or mix it with a can of baked beans or black beans and some four huge handfuls of minute rice stir in a pack of taco mix and layer between leftover tortilla out of the back of the fridge and over with chesse and bake @ 350 till its a warm, that is what I had last night and tonight.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The easiest answer is have it two nights in a row....or make tacos with the meat.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Freezing works out great. I take it that leftovers won't be enough for another meal...but it could end up being someone's lunch.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would, but I already have a couple meals that we are eating multiple days and for lunches, and I know my husband isn't totally sold on left overs yet, so I was hoping to be able to make something different with these leftovers. Also I'm thinking maybe as topping on mashed potatoes
    MamaSarah1104

Comment by MamaSarah1104 (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• you could also make pizza or spaghtti
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• you could add canned beans and it would be like chili, which is great served over fritos with tomatoes, onions, avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010