Did your mom talk to you about sex?

My mom never ever talk to me about sex, she never told me anything. i had friends that lost their virgity with 12 years old so they used to tell me what is like... but i'm just wondering how mom talk with their childrens about sex, talking and not talking make huge difference?
Well one day i asked my mom if i could ask her something, she told what?
i told her: mom is wrong to do sex?( i was like 11 or 12) , i ask her that because my mom never talked to me about it... so i though that is was wrong.
she told me that i'm a little girl and little girls don't talk about this, that i'm to young to know this things.
but witch age is right? to talk about sex?
I think i only lose my virginity because i was to curious to know how is it, and because my friends was always telling me to try i.
how did you mom talked to you about sex? how old were you?
do you talk with your DD about it?
i'm sorry my mistakes english is not my 1ยบ language

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 4:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. I wish she would had an open relationship with me. I will have an open relationship with my son.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• She more or less grazed the topic, made me ask questions...but i wasnt comfortable. She had never opened the door to have that kind of relationship!! And now im grown and we still dont!! It sucks but sex and all types of feminie crap is just uncomfortable!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No she did not. And I think I would have puked if she tried. I love my Mom but that was TMI for me to hear from her then. I figured it out myself.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My Mom said, "I like to think of my girls as good, I don't want to hear what they do." So I learned from school. I asked a teacher questions.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 4:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No,not at all. I found out the basics from my friends and rumors. I had to read about the true facts on my own.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• my mom never talked about sex. everything i learned was from school and from my friends and step-sisters. i plan on talking to all my kids about it. i think i will start when they are 10 so i have a couple years yet.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 4:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My mom gave me full details. When I was 12, she told me whenever I was ready for sex to let her know and she would get me some birth control.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No, my mom is old school where these things were not spoken of, but I talked to my daughters, when they were about 10 or so, I took them to the library and read books on the changes their bodies were about to take, and at their teens spoke to them about boys and all the lies boys would tell them to get them to agree to sex. I specified that sex was an expression of love that carried with it a lot of emotions that it would be better for them, to wait to be emotionally ready before they went there.
    I also told them not to be pushed by peers into doing something they were not ready for, and if and when they thought they were ready to give away their precious gift to someone who deserved it and would bring a good lasting memory of it.

Answer by older at 4:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• She didn't. I learned it all from a friend. She answered all my questions. I do talk about it with my girl when she asks. She knows more at 5 than I did at 16.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• oh wow, I'm the opposite from everyone, though I learned a lot in school my mom DID talk to me, we were very open with each other, when I decided I wanted to have sex I told her, and had her take me to get on birth control. I think a lot of the problem with kids having sex so young is the lack of talking about it and the pressure to NOT do it. Just makes kids want to do it more if it's off limits. My thing is they are going to do it period, wether we like it or not, it's more important to teach them about protection and the many things that can go wrong doing it. Babies, diseases, find images online of different VD's and let them see what can happen, for girls, show them a youtube video of a live child birth. It'll make em think twice especially unprotected sex.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010