What would you do if you were put in this situation?

Your friend is getting a divorce and its getting really bad and you have to stand as a character witness for the couple so the judge can determine where the children should go... The dad is a wonderful father he just works alot cause he is the only provider for the family. She is a SAHM but she is mentally not all there and at times behaves like a child..
Now I am not in this situation but my sister is an asked what I would do. I told her to tell the truth no matter who's feelings she hurts. She needs to look out for the safety of the children and not who friends feelings she is going to hurt more. What would you do?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 4:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I would answer the Judges question 100% honestly and let Him decide. I would not want that burden of choice.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would be honest. Sometimes the father is the better parents. I know my husband is the better.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• questions*
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i agree, tell the truth.
    i think as long as the mother doesnt abuse them, takes good care of them, and loves them, the kids usually go with there mother.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh, wow...this is though. Honestly, even if only for the children's sake, I'd tell the truth.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• tough*
    LovingSAHMommy

• I would answer the judge honestly and with the children's best interest.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 4:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If she has any morals at all, its a very simple answer. If the mother behaves like a child, and is mentally unstable, she is not the best suited custodial parent.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Honesty and looking out for the best interest of the kids is a must here.

Answer by older at 4:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would answer honestly.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010