Your baby can read?? Does it really work?

Your baby can read has anyone seen the infomercials? Just curious if its worth the money? Does it actually work?

Topgunmommy

Asked by Topgunmommy at 4:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Thats actually not true, xxlilmomma09. I have the DVDs and the words are always combined with someone saying the word, and also a picture or some other explanation of what the word means. I really like the dvds but I also don't use them to teach my son to read. I use them as videos to put on when I need a shower, etc. I don't care if my son learns to read at 18 months...but he loves watchnig them and they have cute songs. They reinforce words that he is already learning how to say, and teach him new ones, just like any other educational video. I am not a fan of parents who push their kids to learn beyond their developmental capabilities, but we got this set as a gift and we like it. We don't use the books or flashcards right now.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No. All it does is teach memorization of words, it does not really teach the true meaning of the words.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't know I want to try it but I don't have that much money to put into it =(
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010