Where should we move...tell me about where you live and why it's a good place to live

My husband and I are finally getting serious about relocating. We have NO idea where we want to go.
We want some place away from the cold weather with a nice assortment of job options.
Tell me about where you live.....

aprilford2003

Asked by aprilford2003 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i can tell you where NOT to go...lol that would be Ohio : )
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• What's wrong with Ohio?
    aprilford2003

Comment by aprilford2003 (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i lived in tampa, FL for two years and i LOVED IT there. i also love st. petersburg FL. its so beautiful there. nice weather, cheap, so much to do for adults and kids. look into it, its amazing there.
    i moved back to NY to be back with my family and friends, but i hope to move back there one day.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I live in Miami, it is an expensive place as most big cities are, it is a city full of warm friendly people who will make anyone feel welcome. Spanish is a must around here because the city is fully bilingual that way and most jobs require this. The beach is close to most communities, a 20 or 30 mile ride to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The weather is hot and humid in the summer and in the winter a short few days of what I like to call air conditioned weather. Jobs are scares these days anywhere, my son just graduated from the university with top honors and has had to settle for a low paying job in his field, but there are jobs out there only not as many as before the bad economy. Good luck!

Answer by older at 4:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have lived in Ohio, Missouri, Illinois, Quebec, Ontario, and now California. My hubby and I did the same thing when we go married and we settled on Cali. (He has also lived in Colorado, New Jersey, and Georgia). It kind of depends on what you want in a place, but out of everywhere i have lived I really liked Chicago area, loved St.Louis for its small but cultured city, (loved Canada but you said AWAY from cold weather) and now I love Cali. I do not like the small town we live in (Central valley) but there are so many places to live out here that are great. I have only ever visited Colorado, but my in-laws are there and it is a place I would happily move to. Sorry I did not narrow it down much, but hope I've given you some ideas to look at.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i live in northern az. it can get cold here, we get snow every winter so sounds like you wouldn't like it. plus it has a high cost of living. on the other hand it is a smallish town, low crime, lots of hikeing and outdoors stuff. and it is beautiful and close to the grand canyon and sedona
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 5:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We would like to get away from the snow! Smaller town living with all the things we needs (shopping and such)
    aprilford2003

Comment by aprilford2003 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I LIVE IN VACHERIE LA, I LOVE IT ,SMALL TOWN, LOTS OF PEOPLE ,EVERYBODY KNOWS EACH OTHER AND ARE FRIENDLY , THEIRS A LAKE , AND THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER IS RIGHT THERE ....PLENTY OF PLACES TO GO FISHING /HUNTING.....HOUSING PRICES ARE AMAZING .......YOU CAN BY A MANSION FOR 250,000 .....NOT A VERY BUSY PLACE BUT THERE IS ALLOT OF SURROUNDING TOWNS WITH ACTIVITIES AND ETC LESS THAN 15 MIN AWAY.......ITS RIGHT IN BETWEEN NEW ORLEANS AND BATON ROUGE......WE ALSO HAVE A BUNCH OF PLANTATIONS .....GL
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Love Arkansas, Have lived a lot of places and love AR the best. Its got it all. Google it. Good economy too.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2010