How did your labor go?? how many hours? hours of pushing?

what was it like ladies? its my first... im terrified!

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 4:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it was terrible. i dont' want to freak you out bc its your first time. seriously though, get the drugs. it will help. its going to hurt. its going to take a long time.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• With my first my water broke at 430 am! I didn't have regular contractions so I was induced. But she was sunny side up and that caused back labor. At 730 pm I had a C-section. I did not want one at all, but after all that time when I was told it would be over in 20 minutes!! I was fine. My second was a planned c-section, and I went in the o.r. at 7 am, had her by 7:37 a.m. and had visitors by lunch!! I know some are against c-sections, but if it comes to that, don't be scared. Everyone is different. My girls are now 17 and 13 and I remember their births like they were last week. Just try to go with it and take any drugs they offer!!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• was induced july 17 at around 8 or 9 and ended via c section july 18 at 8 16 pm,the contractions were horrible the healing horrible,but dont be freaked out by me,all woman have different labor...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 4:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Everyone is different, so no two labors will be the same. I was very physically active which I think helped me to have short labors and easy deliveries - 3. The longest I was ever in labor, from the very first contraction til birth was 3 hours. It was work, but nothing intolerable...I didn't have any pain meds. I hope you have an easy labor/delivery!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• my water broke at 34 weeks, they tried to induce labor but i wasnt dialating so i had a c-section. my son weighed 5.5 and had e-coli and jaundice but came home perfectly healthy 5 days later.
    it was okay. it wasnt that bad. c-section recovery was pretty painful but was much better after 2 weeks.
    good luck!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• 3 completely unmedicated labors and births.

the first was 36 hours, and I spent less than 20 minutes in the hospital before she was born- Pushed 3 times. that's it.

the second was a little longer, 42 hours. I was @ the hospital chilling in the whirl pool for about 90 minutes before I birthed him- again, pushed only 3 good times.

the third... well, I labored making very slow progression for almost 8 days, almost had him in the car on the way to the birth center, and he was already crowning when I climbed into the birthing pool. He was a water baby, and the easiest of my births. I just sort of floated around, lights low, peaceful... Pushed 4 times, baby was out.

ALL of my babies were posterior, the shape of my pelvis prevented them from coming out any other way, so I had a lot of back labor... It was NOT the end of the world, and nor was it the most painful experience of my life either- Glad I chose not to have drugs.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• 1st....Water broke at noon, packed hospital bags really fast, when I got to the hospital contractions were already 2 minutes apart. I had to be transferred to a different hospital because he was 5 weeks early just to be safe. They gave me something to slow the contractions for the ambulance ride. Had my S/O, my mom, 2 friends and 5 doctors in the room for the entire process, I pushed for 25 min and he was born at 10:46 pm. I had no pain meds because I hate needles.

2nd....Lost mucus plug at 8 am, called the ob dept and they said not to worry. 10 minutes later my water broke within seconds of my water breaking the contractions were coming on strong. We were trying to get his mom on the phone to come pick up our son. FINALLY she comes and we rush to the hospital. I was having contractions every minute on the way. I got into the bed and an IV line put in, after 3 tries and bleeding (and would be bruises). My doctor finally came
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• CONT> in and when she went to check me she said to push right then! I was like what!?! And I pushed for 3 minutes and he was out. He was born at 10:15 am. Less than 2 hours after the process started. Some might say I am lucky but it had it's bad points. He was also early and I should have been transferred to the better hospital again but he came too fast. Also I am terrified that my next one will be born in the car!! I may camp out at the hospital from 30 weeks on with my future pregnancies!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i went into labor at 5am .. my water didn't break until I was 10cm (which was around 12) .. She hadn't dropped far enough down, so I sat for 3 hours until she dropped far enough to start pushing. I didn't push for very long .. but she was born at 3pm ..
    I got the drugs ... I had so many people in the room with me (family and friends) and I was aggitated and just wanted the pain to stop. I hate pain and I get mean when I'm in pain. So, I definitely got the drugs - they worked wonders. : )
    The part that really sucked for me was since I went into labor so early, I hadn't eaten anything since the day before for dinner and it just so happened we had dinner EARLY the night before ... so I was in pain, and hungry ... not a good way to keep a prego woman - LOL. They wouldn't let me eat until after I had her and then at that time, I just wanted to sleep - sucked.
    but the end results is WONDERFUL!!!
    good luck.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 5:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Uck..Mine was a nightmare....Went in on my day of induction and was already having contractions of my own, but they werent strong enough so they started pitocin at 8am, oh and i was dilated to a 3. By midnight i had dealt with painful contractions all day and found i had only dilated to a 4. Yay me. So i freaked cause we all thought i was much farther cause of the contraction pattern and pain level, so they gave me a shot of fentanyl to calm me down and i calmed down and relaxed. They unhooked the pitocin around midnight, 1am sometime and said get some sleep. My body kept contracting hard through the night without the pitocin and there was no sleep in sight. So they woke me at 6 fed me and i got a shower and checked me and i was dilated to a 6 Yay, progress! So we kept going about and they checked me at 11am and i was at a 6-7. They wanted to break my water, but since i had too much water there was a huge risk of the cord
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010