Could home schooling be a better choice for my son??

I was thinking about homeschooling my son.. just because now a days children are getting into bad things at younger ages. I don't want him to be involved in any of that. Anyone know anything about homeschooling? I just want some info about it. How do I go about getting started?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You could check out the happy homeschoolers group on here. They have tons of information and they may be able to provide a little insight that could help you especially when it comes to getting started.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This really depends on your state and you need to look up the laws. In my state there are some pretty strict rules, but you don't have to start reporting (or go to public school for that matter) until the age of 8 years old. You also need to find other locals who home school so you can properly socialize your child.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'm planning on homeschooling my daughter for the same reasons. She don't need to know about many of the things these kids are learning at such a young age. There are too many bullies and the school systems don't do anything about it either. That and I feel I could teach her way more than any teacher in a school.
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 7:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I homeschool my two boys, ages 3 1/2 & 8. I would be glad to help you out if you would like to PM me any questions that you have.
    nikki0522

Answer by nikki0522 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I was home schooled starting the 7th grade and up....I loved it. But I had a real teacher who home schooled me. She left the school system because they weren't being fair to her. So she started a home school business. If I could find a school teacher who did home schooling and if I could afford it I would place my children in it, if she was a good teacher. I couldn't teach them myself. I would end up going crazy!!!! But I will say I highly recommend homeschooling if it is done right and buy someone who knows what they are talking about. I was taught with Christan books, by ACE.

lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That is a good enough of a reason for me! I do have others but that is a biggie in my books :) We are HSing and plan on it in the future!. PM me if you have any Q's. My DD is going on 4 and we have been doing Preschool lessons home for almost 1 year and LOVE it!
    padavali

Answer by padavali at 10:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• She don't need to know about many of the things these kids are learning at such a young age. There are too many bullies and the school systems don't do anything about it either. That and I feel I could teach her way more than any teacher in a school.

*************************
    Really? I'm not usually snarky when answering questions but if you can't even use proper grammar how do you think you're a better teacher than a professional? She DOESN'T need to know abot many of the things these kids are learning at such a young age.

However, to answer the original question, I agree that there are all kinds of reasons for homeschooling, not the least of which is the negative effects of socializing with his or her peers. But, if you don't socialize your children then you have a whole new set of issues to deal with. I think it's just six of one, half dozen of the other. Personally, we are doing our best to develop good
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• morals in our son and how to resist negative peer pressure and how to be a leader so when he does go to public school he will be a good influence on his friends instead of the other way around.

We also have a great school literally a block away at the end of our street and we pay serious taxes because of it so yeah, he's going to that school! lol
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• well i knw to hoemschool kids and i can be talkign about something to do wth history etc and they look at me me like am stupid and they hve no clue what am tlakin gbaout
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I feel the same way!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2010