I thought colic was supposed to end at 3 to 4 months?!

My daughter is 4 months old and still has colic. The same time about 4 days a week. Right in the middle of her older brother's nap. There's never anything I can find wrong with her. It's not gas, she's not hungry, picking her up and rocking her or bouncing her doesn't make a difference, her diaper is dry, she always ends up tired in the middle of it, but never sleeps until she completely wears herself out. What can I do for her?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh Honey... I am SO SORRY - It is "supposed to" my son had it for 6 months though - all babies are different.. email me anytime as I can TOTALLY relate to everything I am sure you are feeling by now and then some.. Please... I promise I do!~~ hang in there. Have you tried Gripe water yet?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Have you had her checked for an ear infection? My older son was very cranky too at that age, and it turned out to be an ear infection--easily remedied with a few prescription ear drops every night for a week.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It's not an ear infection. =( She's had it since she was about 4 weeks old and has been to the doctor for several check ups since. What's gripe water?
    Krystal.Ingalls

Comment by Krystal.Ingalls (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Gripe water.. you can buy it at any local Pharmacy its like a natural water you give them in a syringe.. Its supposed to be a "cure" or aide for colic tummy symptoms/issues.. I would really recommend that first!! Email me if you need links or local stores to find it at.. can take up to a week to work but.. it would be WELL worth it if it worked..!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'll have to look into that next payday! How often do you give it to them?
    Krystal.Ingalls

Comment by Krystal.Ingalls (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• like 6 times a day I think if I remember.. its not very much at a time but its all natural so there is no harm or side effects, the more often the better too up to 6 times - Its been a while but I think that's right
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i would try gripe water too.....
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 8:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010