Why is my son so whiny lately??

The past few days my son has been SOO whiny about everything! And I don't know why! He wants me to pick him up all the time, he does bad things then whines and/or cries when he doesn't get his way... I don't understand what changed him all of a sudden, but it's REALLLLY aggravating! Any ideas? (he's almost 4 btw, and he's not sick)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Could it be the heat? Sometimes it's just too much for little guys.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Dd has days like that... She whines unless she's on my lap or being held. They say changes in the schedule or in life can bring this on. For dd, we moved to a different state, don't have a steady place to live, and daddy is still in the other state! Plus potty training can bring it on or new people. Look at it like one day he won't want to be around you or won't be near you! It will pass....
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh my stars! Mine too! The heat & humidity has really gotten to him and he's had to have breathing treatments and other meds which in turn gave him diarrea so yeah, he's been a giant pisspot lately! Good thing I love him! lol

At any rate, try to just sit down and talk to him about how we talk to each other nicely. Explain to him that when he whines you can't understand him and so you will not be responding to him. I told my son I can't hear him when he whines, only when he talks nice to me. Then next time he starts to whine simply say, "Sweetie, remember mommy can't hear you when you whine, only when you talk nicely to me." then no matter how hard it is just do NOT give in and reply to him until he uses his good boy voice. It's easier said than done but you can do it, love! =)
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Heat, ear infection, could be a number of things, teeth. Give him some Motrin and see if it gets better, it yes then look into physical ailments. If not, it is a phase and he will get over it eventually.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:18 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Ask him whats wrong
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2010