in dire need of a GOOD breastpump

I bought a breastpump last month and it turned out to be a total piece of shit. It was pretty expensive, I think it was an electric Playtex one. I really need to get a breastpump, but I'm afraid to spend that kind of money again only to end up with a piece of junk. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 5:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Medela is the best I know of. All my gf's and sisters used them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Medela is a great brand... I have one I used for a month because my son had so many issues and wasn't tolerating my milk - I bought it for $249 ugh.. I still have it if you wanna buy it though :) he's only 2
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Medela...they only manufacture items for breast feeding unlike playtx who tries to dip their hands in all things that they can make money on. They don't sink lots of money into research
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Go with a brand that makes breast pumps, not a bottle maker like Playtex. Two good brands are Medela and Ameda. You will definitely get what you pay for, it is worth it to spend a little extra on a really good pump if you are going to be using it a lot.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Medela or Ameda. If you're SAHM, Avent Isis is fine.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you need one for full time pumping, or returning to work, I suggest a Medela Pump In Style or Ameda Purely Yours. If your pumping needs aren't that much, you might be able to get a slightly less expensive pump.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The Medela Manual pump is only $40-$50 and it works AWESOME! I've used it at work 4 days a week and my daughter is about to be 10 months old. I would definitely recommend it.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2010