when did your lo stop putting everything in their mouths?

My 1st dd, who is 2, stopped putting stuff in her mouth at like 7 months but my 11 month old is still putting everything she finds in her mouth! It is driving me crazy!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 5:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son just turned 13 months yesterday and he has slowly been stopping doing that over the past few weeks. If he thinks its really food, or it he just wants to chew on a toy he will do it, but as far as random things on the floor he doesnt do it anymore.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It is simply another way for them to explore the world. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Every child is different!
    vampiremommy1

Answer by vampiremommy1 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Honestly, my son has only gotten worse with putting everything in his mouth as he's gotten older (he's 17 months now). Just keep an eye on your little girl and make sure she doesn't eat anything dangerous. It's just a phase.
    winterrose82

Answer by winterrose82 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think my dd stopped around year but now that shes 2 it has started back up!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2010