Question about kids videos

I have two toddlers and I work from home, I'm on my laptop pretty much all day and at night too. My kids get some social time with other kids for about an hour a day, we do play dates, but while I'm working they are either playing with each other, eating, sleeping or watching baby einstein, brainy baby etc. I noticed that the video is on for hours because I set it on the play continously, but they are not watching it after the first 30 minutes, they are already bored of them, even though we have 20 different ones. If I turn it off, they become wicked with each other, but if I leave it on, they go about their business and play and look at the tv from time to time. So I came to the conclusion that they need the background noise of it. I tried putting on different music cds, but it doesn't have the same calming effect on them. Should I just continue with what I do or it could be bad for them in some way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When you change it, it is probably upsetting them because it's something unfamiliar. I would work to change this into toddler music instead of mindless tv (even if they say it's educational tv).
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010