'Stray Cat' problem...

A neighborhood cat keeps coming in our back yard and pooping. I don't know what to do about it- any ideas on how to take care of this situation??

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Get a small animal live trap and haul it off. That's what I did. BUT if you worry about the neighbors throwing a fit. The next time it rains, just before it rains take some mothballs and crush them up (small enough that they dissolve in the rain). It will soak into the ground and the cats do NOT like the smell of it. It will not kill the grass and you will only smell it for a day or two but since cats' sense of smell is stronger than ours, they smell it for a long time. I do this about 1 time every 3 years or so.

YOu can always get a BB gun too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Live trap and take it a shelter.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• get a dog, the shelter will not take it without a mandatory donation lmfao..
    or go with the first answer
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 10:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't know any tricks here, but I hope you can get the cat to stop pooping in your yard.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• LOL....@ Jademom07 I was so going to say back in the day we used a BB Gun but you can't even find any good ones these days....all it would do is sting the cat & make him not to hang around. I would try the moth ball thing...GOOD LUCK!
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• A himane live trap, and take it to a no-kill shelter and give it a chance for a loving home!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 31, 2010