Favorite Quotes From Last Nights Debate

Come on ladies, share your favorite quotes...

Here are mine...

PALIN: Can I call you Joe?
PALIN: Oh, yeah, it's so obvious I'm a Washington outsider.
BIDEN: Gwen, the governor did not answer the question.
BIDEN: So you're going to have to place -- replace a $12,000 plan with a $5,000 check you just give to the insurance company. I call that the "Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere."

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 8:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• She thinks we are all dumb drunk americans. She had to dumb down her speech for us middle class americans (actually Im lower class but ya know....) and called us "average Joe six pack" or something to that affect. Made me mad! I hope most of the americans see right thru her and McCain. I started counting how many times she said "maverick"
    and she couldn't answer a lot of the questions cuz she can't deviate from her memorized answers.... thats why for once she could talk so smoothly and not stumble over herself like usual. I Dont like canidates that dont answer the actual question being asked and go off on some other subject and on CNN ppl were turning up their "dials" to say they liked it! They didn't realize she was so off topic!
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 11:03 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The Ultimate Bridge to Nowhere was the sharpest I think.

I am still trying to see what people like about her. I find her to be so snide and condescending.
    rgh3angel

Answer by rgh3angel at 8:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I loved the one about her being on the job for just 5 weeks. lol
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 8:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yeah the bridge to nowhere was the best.
    How about Palin: "that's drill, baby, drill". That's on the top of my head, being anti-oil.
    Jeangenie

Answer by Jeangenie at 9:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I agree with rgh3angel about her being snide and condescending. Not to mention very annoying to listen to....something about her voice just gets under my skin!
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• She's only annoying to listen to because you don't like her...they both had memorable and good quotes...They both got their punches in and in my opinion, she did great! I'm not saying she won, but I am saying that she did better than the media and Obama supporters thought she would.

Palin: I like where she said the "good golly gosh Joe, there ya go again pointing fingers and talking about the past again."

Biden: I like his ultimate bridge to nowhere one.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I disagree with the last comment. I am always fair. Even though I am an Obama supporter, I admit when McCain makes great points. I have no problem with Palin - she is condescending though. In the middle of a debate, to tell the moderator "I'm not going to answer your questions in your timetable." is rude. That is what a debate is all about. If she wants to talk directly to the American People, give a speech. Biden's Bridge To Nowhere comment was the best quote of the night. As for Palin, when she was talking about Universal Health Care, I liked her quote about "Seeing how the American Government runs things, would you want them running health care?"
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 10:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have to agree with her being condescending. She really wanted to give a speech, not debate. When she was listening to Biden, instead of listening, she made grimaces and shook her head while playing with her pen or whatever it was. If I had a student who did that in class, I'd think they were disrepectful and talk to them about it.
    littleangelkiss

Answer by littleangelkiss at 10:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I like how she kept saying "How can you talk about change for the future when you keep pointing at the past?"

Like you can talk about change WITHOUT explaining what it is that needs changing???
    BigMommaJesca

Answer by BigMommaJesca at 10:46 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Does anyone remember the cartoon "Bobby's World"? She sounds just like the mom from Bobby's world.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 10:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2008