Does anyone else pass on middle names as well?

In my family all the males have the same middle name and the same goes for the females. When I told a friend this, she looked at my confused. I thought this was more common place, but I'm begining to think not so much. Does anyone else have this tradition in their families?

squeekiemama

Asked by squeekiemama at 5:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Baby Names

• Kind of if you think about it.
    My Sister and my Mom are kind of the same, Anne and Annette
    I got the names of all my grandma's.
    One of my kids got the middle name of his dad.
    My Oldest Son got the Middle name of his Grandpa.
    My Daughter not so much.
    I need to ask this question?
    In the states do you have to have a middle name I mean is it leagle?
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 31, 2010

• my mom did it with me and my sister, my sister gave the same middle name to her 1st daughter but a different one to her 2nd daughter.
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 5:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My baby girls middle name is her grandmothers middle name.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Both my brothers have my Dads middle name. I gave my youngest DD my middle name. and she gave her oldest DD our middle name.

Answer by louise2 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My daughter has my mother's middle name, and my son has my father's middle name. Boy does DH's family HATE that lol But that is the way he preferred it to be and it makes my parents feel very special =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Kyra's middle name is a combination of my mom's and my mother-in-law's middle names. My husband and his brother each have 2 middle names. One is the same.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My mom, me and my daughter all have the middle name Elizabeth. My FIL, husband, and son all have the middle name Dean. And all three first names start with a C. So it is a tradition in our family.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 5:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• In my family (on my dads side) all the men have their fathers first name and a middle name. In my grandpa's family (moms side) none of the kids had middle names at all.. He always said they were "too poor", as if names costed money haha
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Every first born boy in my families middle name is William... Well, that was my long time exs name... so I went different... My mom went with Ts all for first names, and I'm doing Ys in the first and middle.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 11:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010