Do you care what religion your child care provider is?

So many ads on craigslist put they are Christian like it is a qualification. I don't care what religion someone is but I'm not going to pick someone who thinks they are better than me. Because I'm not Christian.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmmm, wonder how a daycare that had the name " Little Witchlings" would do?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think they put that cause some families would like to keep there children in an environment where they practice the same beliefs
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't really care...... but the last one my son had tried to get him to pray and she was telling him about god.... I don't want him learningabout that right now, he is too young.
    I don't know why people have to say that someone is a "good christian person" like being christian automatically makes you a good person that does no wrong..... That really irks me!
    Chaotic_Rayne

Answer by Chaotic_Rayne at 10:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If they are so into their religion that they feel the need to put it into their ad.. then I would stay away- cuz to me that says it permeates their life and it would probably get into the daycare- in our area almost the only available day cares are christian.. it is one of the many reasons we have never used daycare or a babysitter- no one else can try and sneak attack indoctrinate our children. We are atheist, talk about the many myths people follow in their lives.. they get enough of that crap in public school. (when their fellow students found out that we are atheist- "you HAVE to believe in god"...daily for weeks... that was hard enough to deal with at this age (6 and 8) at a younger age they are even more impressionable and explanations get harder.
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 9:10 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't think they mention they are christian because they think they are better. Being that alot of public schools now a days are not allowed to pray and mention God, well at least the teachers aren't, they have christian schools so parents can keep their kids in the same belief system. Another reason they mention it, is because if they didn't and they prayed and talked about God or whatever, some parent would get mad and not want their child taught that. Do I make any sense because I really suck at getting my point across.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• As long as they're not preaching to my daughter and telling her Mama is going to hell for being a witch...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I really don't care what religion my childcare provider is, provided they are not trying to indoctrinate my child. There are a million things that I would care more about in a childcare provider than religion... like their discipline methods, and whether they are CPR certified.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If i were going to entrust my children to someone else for 8 or 10 hours a day, I would very much care about what their belief system was like. Parents are charged to bring up their own children in the way they should go, the Bible says, so that is indeed a very serious matter. There is not much said today about accountability, but there is coming a day when every person will be giving an account for his/her life, and that includes how we have reared our children. It doesn't matter what one has believed, the accounting is still going to be required. So, to whom I entrust my children and what that person believes about Jesus and morality would be a very big deal.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:24 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't care what their religion is as long as they don't preach it to me and my DD. . . keep it to yourself is all I ask and accept that my religion might not be the same as yours.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 5:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Honestly it doesn't matter to me. I would prefer to be the one who teaches my children about religion. So any childcare provider that I choose should keep their religious beliefs to themselves when it comes to watching my children.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010