to the women who exercised after giving birth...

this question is to ONLY the women who exercised after giving birth. how long did it take to TONE you stomach? I was talking to my trainer who said it would take only 6wks if I do the right stuff, but then my dh(a workout pro) said that its not possible for me to get my defined abs back that quick.

Did ya'll workout without a special diet?
what kind of exercises did ya'll do?
Did you do Kegal exercises?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It depends on what kind of shape you were in before you gave birth.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Kegals are pelvic floor- you should do those EVERY DAY, pregnant, postpartum, and even if you have NEVER had a baby.

I suggest that you look @ "Baby and Me"- it is a postpartum exercise book, designed to tone you, without hurting you- AND you use your baby as a counterweight! It was really great in the first few weeks.

In NO way should you expect to be back in shape in just a few weeks... If you do, you set yourself up for failure. PM me if you wanna talk, I've done it 3 times... the first, I had over 100lbs of baby weight to lose. I'm back in a 4/6 after 3 kids, and sport my string bikini regularly.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• it seems like it takes about 4 weeks for the stomach muscles to come back together. maybe everyone is different. has your trainer had kids?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My abs are almost flat at nearly 6 weeks. I started doing yoga and pilates last week. However, I had very little weight to lose and I did not get too big during pregnancy. Also I worked out until the day before LO was born.
    nicki.hemingway

Answer by nicki.hemingway at 9:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Best thing to do,
    Go to your YMCA if you have one where you live.
    They have programs for After Birth Women or after you have had kids. They go full circle with you. Diet, Exercise, Mind and Body care.
    Should be no extra cost if you are a member. I live in Tulsa Oklahoma so things might be different where you live.
    My YMCA offers free child care while you are in the program.
    They work with you in the Pool, Yoga, Strength Training, Mind and Body and even Spiritual if you want that.
    So go to your neighborhood YMCA or look them up on the web.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2010