I love Halloween but why do people actually believe it's the "devils holiday"?

I don't know it just doesn't make sense to me, it's what you make of it. If you MAKE it satan's holiday or should I say... helliday (giggles at own joke) then yeah it's gonna be, but i like to decorate and dress my kids up and eat their chocolate candy. I suppose I could be considered morbid, I like zombies, ghosts, all that fun stuff.

Tabatha42183

Asked by Tabatha42183 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• Ignorance. They are misinformed, or completely uninformed. It's sad.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• because they are stupid. . . and twist what halloween "all Hallows Eve" "samhain" was all about.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 5:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't know I let my kids go trick or treating on halloween I am a christian I think the reason people think that is cause you have sickos out there that like to do witch craft and then do other things on that day
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't think so.. Honestly I love halloween and i am so excited to take my children out again this year :)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• that's what i mean! It's all about WHAT people personally make of it and do on that day. And I also hate that people will kill a black cat especially on Halloween it's horrible. Growing up I had a pure black cat and we would NEVER let him out on Halloween for fear of him getting hit, intentionally or accidentally.
    Tabatha42183

Comment by Tabatha42183 (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010