m DH says if we have a boy he wants to name is son after him help.

We aren't pregnant yet, but we plan on starting to try September or October. We have 2 girls now, but DH says if we have a boy he wants him named after him. He said this since the girls were born. The thing is I really don't like his name for a baby. His name is Joshua Wade. I thought about maybe using his first name for the baby, but I know he wont go for that since that is his dads name and he doesn't have a good relationship with his dad. Middle name fine, but first name I know he wont go for it. Then I don't like Joshua for a boys name. Help I want him to be able to pick the name, but I just don't want that one for a baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Baby Names

• I hate my hubby's name (he was named after his dad)...we had two boys and I dodged it both times :) :) :) He was pleased that I chose his great grandfather's name though. (I honestly didn't know the name I picked was his great grandfather's name so I just pretended that I did and it made everyone happier). Is there another relative that you can use? I know how you feel and you have to be sensitive to him but at the same time you can't name your baby a name you don't like! I personally like that name but if you don't like it then don't use it!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That is a tuff one.. Both my boys are named after there dad that is because I wanted them names after there dad. I think it is a nice way to carry on a family name... MY oldest is Kaidan Brian and youngest is Connor Anthony. Both the first names are what we choose and middle names are my hubby first and middle name
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I like it for an adult, but not a baby. Does that make sense? LOL.....I also don't want to name him that if we have a boy cause I don't want everyone calling him junior lol. I am not sure if there is anyone else he wants to use. Both my girls my oldest has (I am OP by the way) my moms middle name as her first name then my youngest has my sisters first name as her middle name. I know his mom passed 2 months before our wedding and her name was Binnie and his cousin has been honding us (she has a girl) that is we have a boy to name it after her (Benjiman) and I don't like that name either lol. He likes Harold, but I said that would be fine as a middle name lol. Harold is is Uncles name that practicly raised him
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I LOVE my husbands first name but I do not like his middle name ( frank)...We have talked about us having more kids and if it is a boy he wants his whole name so the baby can be a JR....I am like noooo because I do not want to call my son Frank and I don't like it! But I don't want to hurt his feelings....His own mother doesn't even care for his middle name she gave it to him because that is his fathers middle name....All I can say is good luck!
    I love the name Joshua!
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I should have mentioned that it isn't so much the name it is the fact I don't want everyone calling him junior lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We used my DH name and I am happy I did. If it was a weird name I may have felt differently but Joshua is a very old traditional name. You may feel different when the day comes.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My husband says the same thing! I lucked out and we're having a girl so we dodged it this time, but I don't know how to next time. I thought maybe if we could find a girly version of his name we could use that and then not be able to use his name, but he doesn't really like girly varieties on his name or doesn't think they're close enough to matter lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Good luck this one you must find out on your own!!!
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That's a tuff call to make... Since he may only have the chance to have one boy... you never know... I'd see why he's want him named for him... So you realy need to just work it out.. And I wouldn't like mine being called junior either! LOL. But I think joshua wade is a realy cute name...
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 9:40 AM on Jul. 29, 2010