I had this boyfriend who I was in love with....

How do I get over it? Do I just decide to not feel that way again? Or do I be nice to this guy who is always being nice to me now?
The last guy we had fun, doon buggy riding while he drove, drinking, karaoki, singing when we could not hold a tune, we even made our own home made porn together.
We never showed anyone. I thought we were in love. But drugs were involved, and we just loved hanging out with eachother. There was a lot of sex too.
Without the bashers... can I please have some advice for how to handle my heart here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• i would say stay away from him.....it sounds like a recipe for destruction...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 5:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• What exactly happened? I am assuming you two split up, but without knowing the reason behind it I am not quite sure how to answer your question. Getting over someone you love/thought you loved is never easy. If it was, then you probably don't care for them quite as much as you thought you did.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No need to bash. I'm sure you are suffering as it is. There is nothing that will cure a broken heart. I found, once a long time ago, that saying to myself "I can't make him love me and why would I want to, if he doesn't."
    Work up some positive self-talk. It helps.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• maybe it was love, maybe it was feeling good doing stuff and being high... or both. voice of experience here... it's alot easier to discern the right things to do and be in touch with your true feelings when not under the influence... that's just something to keep in mind for future relationships. don't deny yourself your happiness or right to be loved just because one particular guy wasn't the right one. be open to what life has to offer and go do the things you enjoy, with the new guy or with friends. nothing heals a broken heart except for time. just be fair to yourself and the new guy in all ways possible. allow yourself to grieve the loss of the relationship, but don't let it make you bitter or closed off... his loss not yours. now you know that you want a relationship where you enjoy fun activities - don't settle for less.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Get strong and get away from him.
    Some men are such nasty pigs.
    you can do better than that.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• readingI had a problem getting over a guy and ended up desperate so searched online and found a book called How to Fall Out of Love by Deborah Phillips. It was cheap so I bought it and doggone if it didn't turn out to be a good book. Even better I only had to read one chapter of it. It uses behavior modification. See if your library has it.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Although you love him...This relatinship don't sound healthy at all..Your a woman pick yourself up and move on you'll soon find the man that's gonna cherish you.
    firstimemom816

Answer by firstimemom816 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Learn to love yourself, and keep busy. Think about all the things you did not like about him and dont reminisce about the good times.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2010